Domestic Violence Help
No More . . . Together we can end domestic violence
Do You Need Help?
Do you know the fear and despair of living in an abusive relationship?
- Do you know the anxiety of never knowing when something you say or do will trigger the scorching verbal vomit or violence from your abuser?
- Are you afraid to confide in anyone else because your abuser has warned you not to tell anyone what goes on inside the four walls of your home?
- Are you afraid if you did go to your pastor or a counselor, they would not believe you because your abuser is a smooth talker who can make you sound like a fool, or he/she may even be a respected leader in the church?
Take heart--there is help available to you and, there is hope! People care, and most of all, God cares! You are important! You are valuable!
GET HELP NOW!
You are not alone….
call to Break the Silence!!!!!
Shocking Statistics & What You Should Know
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes.
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year.
- 1 in 5 women are survivors of rape.
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual victimization in their lives.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18.
These are not numbers. They’re our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, co-workers, neighbors and friends. They’re the person you confide in most at work, the guy you play basketball with, the people in your book club, your poker buddy, your teenager’s best friend – or your own teen. If we talk about these issues the silence and shame can end for good.